- Bringing Ideas to Life
- Professional Design
- Pitch-Perfect Copy
Who are we?
Daisycakes Creative Services
At DCS we build better books. We offer writing and editorial services for clients at every stage of their careers. We work in nonfiction and fiction, across genres such as romance, science fiction, fantasy, mystery and young adult.
Whether it’s developing your story, editing your book, sprucing up your author page, or writing pitch-perfect blurbs and ad copy, we can help.
We specialize in building relationships with clients and helping them polish their work, whether they are new to publishing or veterans.
Let us help bring the magic in your work to life.
BUILDING BETTER BOOKS
From short stories to sprawling epics, from book videos/trailers to ad copy, we can help.
What we can do
All editing types are one round. All edits are based on current editions of The Chicago Manual of Style and Merriam-Webster.com Dictionary unless otherwise stated.
- CUSTOMIZED BLURBS $40
- AD COPY (suitable for book trailers, author pages, sales pages,etc.) Ask about this fee.
- COMPLIMENTARY SAMPLE EDIT: We are happy to provide a free sample edit of up to 1,000 words. For best results, submitted work should contain both narration and dialogue. $0
- COMPLIMENTARY FOLLOW-UP REVIEW: We are happy to answer basic questions (related to your project) that are submitted up to four calendar days after receipt of your final edits. $0 All follow-up questions must be submitted in ONE email to assist us in providing a timely reply.
- ADDITIONAL REVIEW/CONSULTATION: Sometimes you have additional questions about your edits that may require more in-depth answers or analysis. For those questions, there is a flat fee. All questions for review/analysis must be submitted in ONE email to assist us in providing a timely reply. $50 Due to current work scheduling, this option may not always be available.
- MAYDAY! SERVICE: Did a deadline sneak up on you? No problem. Mayday! Service offers the return of your edited work in fifteen or fewer days. Available for proofreading and copy editing of books 35k words and under. Not available for content editing. $40
- ADDITIONAL SERVICES: Need a service not listed? Ask us about it! We may be able to accommodate you.
Below are some of our projects. Click “View Project” to see all work under that category.
Tax-ish: TeensCopyediting / Editing / Formatting View Project
Blake Security seriesCopyediting / Editing / Proofreading View Project
ScandalousEditing / Proofreading View Project
Royals Undercover seriesCopyediting / Editing / Proofing View Project
Royals Undone seriesContent Editing / Editing View Project
In the AfterContent Editing / Editing View Project
Silver Bay seriesEditing / Proofreading / Writing View Project
Be My Friday NightContent Editing / Copyediting / Editing View Project
CascadeCopyediting / Editing View Project
Blue-Collar Billionaires seriesContent Editing / Copyediting / Editing / Writing View Project
In Space seriesCopyediting / Editing View Project
Shackled Heart seriesContent Editing / Copyediting / Editing View Project
Donovans seriesCopyediting / Editing View Project
In Stilettos seriesCopyediting / Editing View Project
Completely Captivated seriesCopyediting / Editing View Project
Earthsinger ChroniclesCopyediting / Editing / Writing View Project
Writing LoveCopyediting / Editing View Project
London Billionaires seriesCopyediting / Editing View Project
The Alexanders seriesContent Editing / Copyediting / Editing View Project
My Ex-Boyfriend’s WeddingCopyediting / Editing / Proofreading View Project
Shadows of St. LouisCopyediting / Editing View Project
Nobody GirlCopyediting / Editing / YA/Children's Lit View Project
The Sheikh’s Captive BrideCopyediting / Editing View Project
Dancing Dream seriesCopyediting / Editing View Project
My School is a Spy FactoryCopyediting / Editing / YA/Children's Lit View Project
Cooking Up TroubleCopyediting / Editing View Project
Love by the BookCopyediting / Editing View Project
The PackCopyediting / Editing View Project
Somehow, SomedayCopyediting / Editing / YA/Children's Lit View Project
The Milestone TapesCopyediting / Editing View Project
Blue Club seriesEditing / Proofreading View Project
Nothing Else MattersCopyediting / Editing View Project
Sexy Sassy seriesCopyediting / Editing View Project
Dani Spevak Mysteries seriesCopyediting / Editing View Project
Accomplished Mystery seriesCopyediting / Editing View Project
Menu for Love seriesCopyediting / Editing View Project
The Sunset seriesEditing / Proofreading View Project
Priscilla the Great seriesCopyediting / Editing View Project
Meet the Talents
Meet the Team
LAUREN DEEFounder, Lead Editor & Writer
Lauren Dee is an editor and writer who specializes in building lifelong partnerships with authors. She has a degree in English with a focus on creative writing. She has been in the business over a decade, working with publishing houses as well as private clients.
Her clients span the globe, from Australia to the United States of America, and include award-winning authors, New York Times’ and USA Today bestselling authors, publishing houses, and indie writers.
THE SCOOBIESSupport Staff
The Scoobies provide administrative support and proofreading services. On the weekends, they enjoy reading and solving mysteries.
Latest from the Blog
Over the course of this month, you will see content added in the “Portfolio” sections. Please be patient as changes are made.
What’s the difference? You may have asked the above question many times —and it’s easy to see why. Category romance (such as Harlequin), mainstream fiction and other genres include sex scenes but these aren’t identified as “erotica” or “erotic romance.” So how can you tell where your work falls? Below is a brief guide.
What is editing? Where should you start? How much should you do? Do you really need it? If you’ve ever asked those questions, you’re not alone.